Monday, April 18, 2011

Civilization: Now Officially Over...

Re: the new VH-1 'reality show' entitled Mob Wives. I wrote about this piece of shit last week, before it previewed. Even without the benefit of being able to watch it, I knew it was complete and utter crap, ifonly because the sort of people who would actually show their faces in public and be willingly associated with it must be one or more of the following:

a) Stupid
b) Dumb
c) Unintelligent
d) Whores willing to do anything "to be famous", and
e) Dimwitted

It seems that I was right, as this review in the Staten Island Advance would lead one to believe, even though the review itself is hardly worth reading (really, the Advance actually paid someone to write this drivel, but won't give me the time of day on a freelance basis?).

But what really makes me laugh are the comments appended to the story. The Money Quote:

"...I now see why some men prefer prison..."


Now, what really makes me sad about  this whole thing is the discovery that these four scifoozas frequent my beloved Lee's Tavern, a Staten Island institution serving some of the best pizza you've ever had in your life. I will now stay away from Lee's as if the Health Department had declared it a deadly Dysentary Risk.


I will now have to eat more pizza at the Original Goodfella's, which may have a Mob-inspired name, but at least there's a very good chance that these four skanks won't be walking in to make us all sick to our stomachs.

No comments: