The Joys of Fatherhood
Well, I finally got my puppy on Momday and she's a beauty --- german shepherd/rottweiller mix with incredible markings. I have named her Clio, after the Greek muse of History.
Just a few things I didn't really think about much before I got the dog:
- Housebreaking is a bitch...
- She usually remembers that she IS a puppy at around 3:30 a.m. That, apparently is a good play time for her.
- I forgot how sharp milk teeth are.
- Dog food is about the smelliest substance on the planet (excepting Saddam after three days in the hole, subsisting on Mars bars and hot dogs).
- Anything that hangs is a toy or subject to chewing. Usually late at night.
While my patience is being tried big time, I'm still glad I went and got her.