Friday, March 13, 2009

Reason # 2,435 why Your President is an Asshole...Double-talk.
Because you can't believe a thing he says. Yeah, I know a novel idea for a politcian, right?

One day, we're facing the worst 'Crisis since the Great Depression' (truth: worst crisis since Jimmy Carter's presidency), now we're told "it's not really as bad as we said it was". See it here, (h/t to Breitbart.com) and laugh your ass off.

Money Quote: "I don't think things are ever as good as they say, or ever as bad as they say," Obama added. "Things two years ago were not as good as we thought because there were a lot of underlying weaknesses in the economy. They're not as bad as we think they are now."
"And my long-term projections are highly optimistic, if we take care of some of these long-term structural problems."


Update: Did the Associated Press airbrush this quote? Because I saw the videotape on TV yesterday and I can swear that Obamanoid said "I don't think things are ever as good/bad as WE say they are..." Of course, if Obama used the Imperial WE it would me "Rahm Emmanuel and I" and that would be an indictment of his behavior in office, wouldn't it? Can't have the AP accurately quote the president, right? That would be, like, wrong an' stuff.

Update-Update: Apparently AP may not have airbrushed the quote, as Obama said "they" first and "we" second, so that the quote was "I don't think things are ever as good as they say they are, and never as bad as we say they are" or words to that effect. Still, even that is an interesting quote: who was the they who said they were good? Was it republicans (before the bottom fell out)? And who is we ? Am I just being paranoid, or is this Clinton-redux thing kicking in and I'm beginning to parse everything The One says?

No comments: