Monday, October 19, 2009

Balloon Boy...

I really didn't want to talk about this, but alas, I have to. I won't go through the trouble of summarizing what's happened, as you have to be living in a cave in New Guinea not to know. I will only say this:

That father has 'asshole' written all over his face. That mother looks as if she's been on a mushroom trip since 1985. Both of them are shining examples of just why the greater society needs to be protected against stupid people, specifically (see here).

Secondly, it's another example of how shallow and obsessed with fame our society has become. If the allegations about this family are true, they went through all this trouble for the sake of maybe getting themselves a reality TV show. Two things on 'Reality TV': it very often ain't reality, and what makes you think that people who KNOW they're on TV don't modify their behavior?

I have an idea for a reality TV show: let's put a camera in Richard Heene's cell. At least that will be real screaming and begging when his amorous cellmates try to have their way with him.

I feel badly for these children.

No comments: