Thursday, March 03, 2011

Why The Wisconsin Union Battle is Important...

Just read this Micheal Goodwin column in yesterday's New York Post, and try to hold your breakfast down.

The City of New York spends $730 million a year on 7,300 so-called teachers that it doesn't even want? You know what? I can believe it...easily. I don't know which is worse; that staggering sum, or the fact that I have accepted this as most likely as close to the truth as we're ever going to get about what an expensive cesspool unionized public education has become without even thinking twice about it.

$730 million for 7,300 teachers, most incompetent, some criminal, who just can't be fired because the unions have negotiated a Byzantine 'review' process that keeps even the child molesters on the payroll, and collecting benefits, for years. Even if they're sitting in jail.

I was shocked to discover, if Godwin's figures are correct, that the average New York City teacher has received a 43% (cumulative) pay raise since Mayor Pantybunch... sorry, that's Bloomberg... has been in office. And this douchebag is supposed to be a financial genius? That is unconscionable when you stop to consider that in return, he didn't even get the ability to chuck the worst teachers in the system onto the unemployment line.

But I'm certain he's monitoring their salt intake very carefully.

Start with the teacher I met on the subway yesterday -- on her way to some sort of rally to 'support' her educator comrades in Wisconsin -- who was carrying a hand-written sign upon which she had spelled the state's name W-I-N-S-C-O-N-S-I-N. Get that idiot out of the classroom, immediately. How much do you want to bet that she was probably rated in the top 50% of teachers in NYC, too? When I made her aware of her grievous spelling error and asked how she could justify her continued presence in a classroom with baleful spelling skills like that, she told me to "go mind your own fucking business...", and took great pride in telling me she has a Master's Degree -- that's why she deserves everything in Creation, you see -- and what the fuck do I know about anything?

Nice. Just the sort of role model you want for your kids, I'm sure.

For all of those mouth-breathing idiots idling at near-riot in Madison, who just don't seem to get it, here's why my state is broke -- and this is why we taxpayers are pissed. Your governor is just trying to avoid the same disaster. Unfortunately for you doofuses -- and to the great benefit of Wisconsin taxpayers, and then the country as a whole once Walker's victory infuses some backbone into governors nationally-- he's going to succeed.

No comments: