Thursday, November 03, 2011

TEXAS JUDGE CRITICIZED FOR BEATING HIS DAUGHTER WITH A BELT

Seven years ago, Texas judge William Adams caught his daughter Hillary (who was 16 at the time) downloading music illegally from a website. So he did what any parent that believes in not sparing the rod would do. He disciplined her with his belt.

Hillary, unbeknownst to her parents, recorded the whole incident. She held on to the video over the years, but decided recently to upload it to YouTube in an attempt to make him "get help" according to her. She said that he's been harassing her over the years, and she wants him to stop. She doesn't go deeply in the details about the harassment, so I can't justify her uploading the video especially since she said the intent wasn't to get him trouble.

Since Hillary, 23, who has ataxic cerebral palsy (read the definition before you start criticizing) uploaded the video, it has been seen over 2 million times. People have already expressed outrage over the judge's actions, and a facebook page entitled Don’t Re-Elect Judge William Adams has been set up in an effort to get him off the bench.

First, let's watch the footage. Jump to the 1:00 mark if you don't want to wait for the action. At 2:45, go to 3:15 for more. The video will pop open right here so you won't have to leave.






You've watched it, so what do you think?

Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with it at all. I watched it with my referee shirt on and everything. Listen, the talking that typically goes with a whipping is rarely nice. It's part of the psychological effect. What's getting people in such an uproar is the fact that this is happening inside of a White family's home. This type of discipline is never seen on TV or in public places because Whites tend to favor the "time-out" approach over the direct-connect. I understand the reaction, but how would it look if his IP address was connected with illegally downloading music, and he got sued for millions like the others who got caught?

I used to get my share of the belt. Hell, the belt had a name, too. "Jim-Buck", short for "Jim Buckle". I got the standard whuppin', nothing fancy.  There was no using of the buckle, no hitting in the face or my nuts or anything like that. And trust me, I deserved every one I got. They tried the punishment approach on me, too. I mean, they mixed it up and stuff, but the whuppins were more effective.

Hey, if you think that's bad, I know people who got beat with the first thing their parent or guardian could get their hands on. Sometimes they were beaten with extension cords, broom handles, clothes hangers, chairs, fists...whatever.

What the judge did was textbook discipline with a belt, and there was nothing abusive about it at all.

Do you think judge Adams committed a crime? Do you think his daughter uploaded the video to be spiteful? Judge Adams presides over cases involving children (child abuse cases), and they've taken those away. Do you think that's fair?


*this post also appears at the Insane Asylum Blog*








1 comment:

Matthew Noto said...

Spare the rod and spoil the child.

Perhaps if more kids got their behinds whipped on a more regular basis, there'd not be so many retards in Zuccotti park right about now.

As forf your contention that this sort of thing doesn't happen in White families, Mr. C, I will tell you this:

As a child, I lived in the same house with my family, my grandparents, and my maternal uncle and his family. I also attended catholic schools between the ages of 7 and 18.

If I ever got out of line I caught beatings from (in descending order):

My Mother
My Father
Both grandparents
My Uncle

And if the transgression occurred in school, at least one Blackbelt Dominican nun, or Christian Brother got a crack at me first.

And if that wasn't bad enough, within that house were three generations of former US Marines (Father, grandfather, maternal uncle), and my father ws also a NYC police officer.

Discipline, to say the least, was severe.

If this girl wasn't such a sympathetic case, I think about 75% of the people in America would have had no issue with a father disciplining his daughter at all.

Regards,

Matt