Sunday, April 10, 2011

Civilization: Now One Reality Show Closer To Total Oblivion...

It just had to come to this, didn't it? You just knew that after a slew of 'reality' shows about women with no intelligence, class, or discernible redeeming qualities and possessed of monumental piles of undeserved-and-mostly-earned/stolen-by-their-ex-husbands disposable income, it was only a short hop-skip-and-a-stiletto-heeled-and-silicone-enhanced-jump to a show about clueless broads with a financed-by-organized-crime lifestyle.

This is now entertainment; watching scifoozas romp in a wasteland of mindless conspicuous consumption bankrolled by murdering thugs.

We already get enough bad press in these parts, thank you, because of shows like Jersey Shore, and because our so-called political leadership has the same relative level of intelligence as your garden-variety Chihuahua. If it wasn't bad enough to be a Staten Islander, and an Italian, and have to be thought of by the general population as a guinea-tee-wearing-wife-beating-ignoramus because of association and shared background, this pretty much puts the proverbial nail in the proverbial coffin and seals the deal.

It's embarrassing. It's difficult to see how this class of person (and I'm being generous with my use of the terms 'class' and 'person' here) can be recognized as the descendants of Columbus, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Malphiggi, Augustus, Cicero and Marconi. It certainly makes the notion of Italian-Americans as decent, hard-working people who have no connection whatsoever to organized crime, difficult to defend.

The worst part: three of these broads are women you wouldn't screw with a stolen penis. At least two of them look as if they bought their last pair of shoes from a blacksmith. They answer the age-old question: why do mobsters have Goomahs (mistresses)? Probably because they get married to misshapen lumps of stupidity just for the lasagna and clean underwear.

You can practically smell the silicone, acrylic fingernails, and sausage and peppers from here.

Civilization just inched closer to total collapse the second some television producer decided this was something that America was just clamoring to see.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you answered one question I had for you. Now I know how you feel about Jersey Shore. Let me quid pro quo you by saying I hate Real HOusewives of Atlanta and the entire BET network.

Remember the days of old when people went to jail for let say, robbing a bank, and the money was never recovered? They get out of jail and have money to come home to? Well, these chicks are not only blowing these guys' money, they're blowing money that should be kept low-key. Heaven forbid the Feds are watching this show.

I dunno, maybe I'm thinking too much, but I don't anything good happening behind this one.

Unknown said...

Well you answered one question I had for you. Now I know how you feel about Jersey Shore. Let me quid pro quo you by saying I hate Real HOusewives of Atlanta and the entire BET network.

Remember the days of old when people went to jail for let say, robbing a bank, and the money was never recovered? They get out of jail and have money to come home to? Well, these chicks are not only blowing these guys' money, they're blowing money that should be kept low-key. Heaven forbid the Feds are watching this show.

I dunno, maybe I'm thinking too much, but I don't anything good happening behind this one.

Matthew Noto said...

Now, now, Mr. C. Tavis Smiley at least has SOME redeeming social qualities, so this puts BET at least one step above Bravo.

Nevermind robbing banks: one of these broads is Sammy "the Bull" Gravano's daughter. In case you've forgotten, Gravano got a free walk on *19 murder charges* because he fingered John Gotti.

Not only is it difficult to believe that any normal person would show their face in public with that in their background, it's even more difficult to swallow that she's also probably, in part, living high-on-the-hog on his ill-gotten gains.

We might as well give Usama bin Laden or Saddam Hussein's descendants a reality show of their own while we're at it.

Anonymous said...

Today, in the NYTimes, there was an article titled Too Much Relationship Vérité. Generally speaking, a boring article, that I nevertheless submitted a comment to… which, as is often the case, wasn’t posted. Perhaps the author, being female, and focused upon media, had something to do with its not being posted. Comment follows:

For the past 10 years, I’ve watched very little TV… partially by design, partially due to time management circumstances. Mostly by design.

When I have had the time, and desire, the range of channels that I perused were usually the History Channel, Food Channel, Animal Planet, Travel, Comedy Central, News, A&E, PBS, Discovery, commercial free films, etc. You get the picture. Not snobby highbrow stuff, but not regular weekly serials, or reality-serials that have little or no semblance to reality, and other such mindless banal crap, i.e. American Idol, Dancing With The Stars, et al.

Recently, while channel surfing, and out of a repulsed and morbid fascination, I watched 20 minutes of and episode from the series mentioned by Ms. Heffernan, Bravo’s “Real Housewives franchise”. In this case, it was Orange County. (At this point, I wanted to add “Whorange County… but didn’t)

I’m glad that I’m not a woman. I’d be humiliated, and insulted if I was. I’m glad that I don’t have a daughter that I have to worry about watching these vacuous, gold-digging, self-absorbed, Botoxed, breast-augmented, peroxided, self-centered, and clueless Barbie Doll wannabees. I’m glad that no daughter of mine will ever be influenced in any way or manner by these plastic, phony, and empty vessels… and poor excuses for human beings.

On the other hand, I called my son, told him about my experience, and told him to watch it, as a training exercise in being able to recognize and categorize everything to actively avoid in regards to a females personality. He was already aware, and 2 steps ahead.

Where are normal women? Why aren’t they complaining about this assault and insult to their womanhood? Where are feminists that seemingly would be outraged by this horrendous representation of femininity? I did a google search, and found that the viewing audience is comprised by a vast preponderance of women. And now, so I saw, we can look forward to a Mafia Housewives’ program. Where are the feminists?

Years ago, Barbara Walters interviewed Bette Midler. Midler had had a recent child, a daughter, I believe. Walters asked her if she had any special ideas in mind for the raising her daughter in this crazy weird world. Midler answered…

“NO TV… it‘s a bad influence.”.

Walters giggled, thinking that the sometime comedienne was joking, and asked, “But you’ve made your career in media. No TV?”

“No TV.” Midler was serious, at least at that point in time. I’d be interested to hear what she’d think about her daughter now, in current times, taking her femininity cues from these greedy conceited idiots, and learning from them how to become an empty vessel, another Barbie of Orange County.

No posting of the above, for onebc... imagine that?