Last time I looked, the KKK has trouble organizing a circle jerk. I can't recall the Klan having been responsible for crashing an airliner into an office building, or trying to acquire nuclear weapons. And yes, the Klan did do some incredibly nasty and horrifying things to people...60 years ago. Since then, they have been hounded out of the public view, their ideas have been ridiculed, rejected, their ranks infiltrated by law enforcement. The mentality that created the Klan does, indeed, still exist, but more people would be far more embarrassed publicly by taking up the sheet than they would of being accused of pedophilia. Oh, and by the way; the Klan began to lose and disintegrate the second there was a Congressional Hearing on their activities. Sunlight is a wonderful disinfectant.
The same would happen to Al'Qaeda and the rest, if we just started talking about them honestly, and looking into what they do.
But that rather weak counter-argument -- but what about the Irrelevant Organization That Hasn't Given Anyone as much as a Paper Cut in Decades? -- being made by a democratic Congresdouche in that article is about what you'd expect from that sort of thumb-sucking idiot withis head in the sand.
The allure of the Klan (whatever it once was) has largely vanished, and I'm certain they didn't promise 72 virgins to their killers, either. Society has evolved, it has grown up, except within the ranks of the democratic party -- which sees racists everywhere, even if they have to invent them out of thin air,like four-year olds inventing monsters under the bed -- because without the specters of racism and injustice, the democratic party is little more than a group of thieves who have come together for no good purpose.
Without the ability to scream RACIST/SEXIST/HOMOPHOBE in the crowded movie house of American Society, the democrat and his hanger's on -- the race hustler, the ersatz-Reverend, the union dope, would all have to get real jobs. Forget the Mafia: the democratic party and the legions of Think Tanks, Advocacy Groups, Institutions, Advisory Committees, Blue-Ribbon Panels, Community Organizations, Union Representatives, Academics, et. al. , all of them funded by the taxpayer, are the REAL Organized Crime syndicate in this country.
Anyways, if you were paying close attention, these attitudes were put on public display in yesterday's hearings. Here was the Democratic Party Playbook in action:
1. Deny there is a problem. If you ignore it long enough, it won't be a problem anymore, as everyone will have forgotten about it and therefore, will not expect you to do anything about it.
Call into question the testimony of everyone, except the one dolt who is on your side. Posture, pose, pontificate, point fingers, but never let a word spoken in that chamber go unchallenged, even if you have to insult the public's intelligence in the process.
2. When denial doesn't work, justify one group's bad behavior by pointing to another group's bad behavior, so as to confuse the subject, and mention the Klan fifty times so as to fan the flames of fear, and never, ever mention that a democratic President and Attorney General once incinerated 80 Christians inside their own church after a 51-day siege with machine guns, tanks and chemical weapons...in order to save the Children...
3. Decry the attempt of your political opponents to tar an entire group with the brush of "guilt by association" while hypocritically tarring all of the following with the same brush as often as possible; White, Christian, Male, Tea Party, Conservatives. Only White Guys who gather in small groups, to pray, hunt, vote, use their First Amendment Rights, work or pay taxes are ever guilty of anything, really everything, according to the democratic party.
4. Call your opponents racist every time they bring up an irrefutable fact. Bring up the specter of McCarthy every five seconds, neglect to tell the truth that McCarthy did, in fact, at least find some communists, and they were all in the hire of Libtard Idol FDR, or democratic Icon, Harry Truman. Conveniently forget that democrats have used similar tactics against Clarence Thomas, for example, amongst others.
5. Counter the idea that there are organized, world-wide terrorist conspiracies with the silver-bullet 'Lone Wolf' theory. This allows you to ignore the fact that while these guys perform the overt act of terrorism alone, they are often supported, trained and encouraged by bigger organizations and cultural institutions, sometimes in other countries, and that the community Mosque is, coincidentally, the focal point of most of those conspiracies -- the Crossroads of Lone Wolf and Al'Qaeda.
Democrats, who are always so hot to find the "Root Causes of..." when it comes to any other issue, are mysteriously incurious as to the root causes of Terrorism. This is because if they dug into this subject, they'd find that all their cherished ideas (i.e. Criminal Conspiracy) aimed at creating a multicultural society are incredibly wrongheaded, and in fact, sometimes even responsible for causing Achmed Your Crazy Neighbor to turn his '04 Pathfinder into a weapon. Without the multicultural mindset, which continues to snow certain segments of the American public with bedroom-wall-poster, 5th-grade-quality notions of freedom and equality aimed at those with a 3rd grade reading level, there would be no objective ideological reason to ever vote for a democrat.
If democrats ever discovered the root causes of terrorism (i.e. Islamic Culture) they would have to tell the truth about a minority group, and in the process lose that group's money, support and votes in elections, which means fewer democrats (btw, that doesn't automatically mean MORE republicans, but dems don't think that way). They would also have to admit that government is not the solution to this particular problem. The democratic party must be the 'friend' of every minority group because that is how democratic candidates manage to get elected; by pitting one group against another and exploiting the unfriendliness that results. It would also have to admit that the government cannot make everything magically right, and is more likely than not only able to make a problem worse.
Democrats are afraid of the Absolute Truth. Absolute Truths cannot be denied;. they cannot be ignored, distorted, twisted, folded, spindled, mutilated, or obscured by a lot of fancy words. Absolute Truth is a measure of Common Sense which is impossible to disprove by any means of propaganda currently available to the democratic party. If democrats cannot lie, and they cannot obscure or obfuscate the truth, then no democrat can never ever be elected.
Democrats are afraid that looking into the activities, even the deadly ones, of one minority group will eventually lead to Congress investigating other minority groups, as well. If you investigate Islamic Radicals today, there is no reason not to investigate illegal Mexican aliens tomorrow, and the Bloods and Crips next week, and this will expose the bad -- often reprehensible, dismal and criminal -- behavior and conditions of some segments of those communities to the light of day. It will actually expose the fact that 50 years of a Liberal-led War on Poverty has failed. It will prove that the Educational Establishment has failed. It will prove that all Liberal policies of the past 50 years have been based upon lies and a willful denial of human nature. It will expose the fact that trillions of taxpayer dollars have been wasted with no good result. The shaky foundation that the Libtard Empire has been built upon -- the Welfare State and the Government Bureaucracies and Unions that feed off of it -- will disappear. Without the Welfare State, there is no reason to ever vote for another democrat.
If Congressman King ever manages to capture a terrorist, prevent one from being recruited, or exposes some great conspiracy, he will have done the country a huge favor. He'd be doing us a much larger one if in the course of investigating terrorists he could make an effort to highlight the hypocritical stupidity of his ideological opponents, and take ever opportunity to explain to the public just why it is 'the other side' in this debate seems to be a) stupid, b) blind and c) disinterested in the facts.